Re: [HACKERS] Compiling 6.4 on NetBSD-current/pc532 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Henry B. Hotz
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Compiling 6.4 on NetBSD-current/pc532
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At 6:32 AM -0700 9/14/98, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:
>> ?!
>> PS
>> #define DBL_MAX         1.7976931348623157E+308
>> #define DBL_MIN         2.2250738585072014E-308
>> and are OK in a program - NetBSD/i386, postgresql-current
>
>Sure, it's the NS32532 and the math library that are the problem, not
>the NetBSD or Postgres per-se. Once we are running on two dozen
>processors and OSes (which we are!), new problems seen on a new
>combination are likely to be pretty arcane.
>
>Let me know how it goes, Jon. Once we have isolated the problem, we can
>work around it for your machine and put the workaround into the code. If
>we can get this done in the next week or two you'll have it in v6.4 when

Well, since this is NetBSD-current we're talking about, and not a fixed
release version, I'd say the correct procedure is to fix NetBSD if that's
where the problem is.  We should still be able to get the fix in by release
date if someone does a send-pr with a real fix/patch to the NetBSD
portmaster.  A footnote in the PG release notes about needing -current
post-<some-date> for the '532 might be appropriate.